Region’s leading young social entrepreneurs selected for flagship program
The next generation of leading young social entrepreneurs have been announced for the 2022 Australia-ASEAN Emerging Leaders Program (A2ELP), funded by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade’s Australia-ASEAN Council. The program, run by Australian social enterprise, Social Good Outpost, is the flagship program for young entrepreneurs in the region, designed to build connections and collaborations and accelerate growth.
From over 80 competitive applications across ASEAN and Australia, 15 entrepreneurs have been selected to represent their country throughout the 12-week program running from February to April 2022. Participants’ social enterprises span mental health, agriculture, sex education, the environment, indigenous communities, education, waste, fashion and more.
The participants and their social enterprises are:
- Wipaphan Wongsawang, Thaiconsent (Thailand)
- Alouny Senduangdeth, 2nd Hand World (Laos)
- Siti Jaafar, Kilang ReRoot (Brunei)
- Sing-Suen Soon, Sonder Social (Singapore)
- Zien Lew, Sebiji (Malaysia)
- Sepri Andi, Social Connect (Indonesia)
- Abbie Williams, Letters of Hope (Australia)
- Sreypouv Tan, Agro Agape (Cambodia)
- Trinh Thi Hai Yen, Karuna Vietnam Social Enterprise and ThanhHoa Youth Change Makers (Vietnam)
- Kyaw Myat Hein (Nolan), Real Youth Initiate (Myanmar)
- Taylor Hawkins, Foundations for Tomorrow (Australia)
- Lester Mendoza, Farm Box (Philippines)
- Anastasia Pavlovic, Mekar Collective (Australia)
- Lisa Rapley, Yuludarla Karulbo (Australia)
- Mathew Townsend, Nature Freedom (Australia)
Participants will build knowledge of scalable and sustainable business models to achieve long-term change and develop skills with a range of stakeholders. They will receive training in cultural intelligence and innovative start-up and enterprise methodologies and meet with those addressing the region’s grand challenges.
A2ELP will develop connections through peer mentoring and alumni engagement, provide cultural exchange activities, and present an opportunity to pitch at a finale gala event.
Read more about the participants profiles at: https://ausaseanleaders.com.au/a2elp-2022-participants/